CALL FOR ENTRIES 2018
We are seeking films that provide a unique opportunity to experience the variety and vitality of later life.
The Legacy Film Festival on Aging showcases films from around the world that celebrate older adulthood and deal with the challenges and triumphs of aging.
- Film must portray people 55 years of age and older.
- Both foreign and American short and feature-length narrative, documentary, experimental and animation films are welcome.
- Films must be in English, or have English subtitles that are clearly differentiated from the background.
- Films must be submitted for preview in online version (Vimeo link with password), or in special cases, DVD hard copy format. DVD entries must be labeled with title, name of artist, date of completion, and length.
- If chosen, final film must be sent by July 1, and be available for screening September 2018.
- Films should dispel stereotypes about aging and older adults, and educate viewers about aging in an entertaining and compelling manner.
- Intergenerational stories with one key subject 55+ years are welcomed.
- Films may be eligible for future Legacy Film Series and distribution: see www.legacyfilmseries.com.
- Note: Preview films in DVD format will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed, postage-paid mailer with the title of the production clearly indicated on the mailer.
Terms & Conditions
Once accepted for screening, an exhibition print for Festival screening will be requested from the entrant. All exhibition films must be received July 1, 2018.
Jpgs will be requested for reproduction on website and in program book. (Resolution requirements for website resolution: 72ppi; for print (program and flyers) 300ppi. Trailers will be requested as well.
Every care will be taken to safeguard films and publicity materials while they are in the possession of the Festival. However, if loss or damage occurs, the Festival cannot accept or assume responsibility.
EARLY: Up to and by March 31, 2018
MID: April 1-May 10, 2018
LATE: May 20, 2018
Entry Categories/FeesSTANDARD (equal to or longer than 30 minutes)
EARLY (up to and by March 31): $30
- MID (April 1-May 10): $40
- LATE (May 20): $50
EARLY (up to and by March 31): $20
- MID (April 1-May 10): $30
- LATE (May 20): $35
Payment via PayPal (preferred):
Or send check (US Dollars), to: Legacy Film Festival on Aging: 237 Eureka St, San Francisco CA 94114