CALL FOR ENTRIES 2019
We are seeking films that provide a unique opportunity to experience the variety and vitality of later life. The Legacy Film Festival on Aging showcases films from around the world that celebrate older adulthood and deal with the challenges and triumphs of aging.
- Film must portray people 55 years of age and older.
- Intergenerational stories with one key subject 55+ years are welcomed.
- Both foreign and American short and feature-length narrative, documentary, experimental and animation films are welcome.
- Films should dispel stereotypes about aging and older adults, and educate viewers about aging in an entertaining and compelling manner.
- Films must be in English, or have English subtitles that are clearly differentiated from the background.
- Films must be submitted for preview in online version. Vimeo link and password must be listed on the submission form.
- In special cases, DVD hard copy format may be accepted. DVD entries must be labeled with title, name of artist, date of completion, and length. Must be accompanied by a self-addressed postage paid mailer with the title of the production on the mailer.
- All entries will be notified before or by June 17, 2019.
- If chosen, final film must be sent by July 1, and be available for screening September 20-22, 2019.
- Films may be eligible for future Legacy Film Series and distribution: see www.legacyfilmseries.com.
Awards & Prizes
The Festival will award prizes* in each of the following categories:
- Best Student
- Best Short
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Narrative Feature
Terms & Conditions
Once accepted for screening, an exhibition print for Festival screening will be requested from the entrant. DCP preferred. All exhibition films must be received July 1, 2019.
JPGS will be requested for reproduction on website and in program book. (Resolution requirements for website resolution: 72ppi; for print (program and flyers) 300ppi. Trailers will be requested as well.
Every care will be taken to safeguard films and publicity materials while they are in the possession of the Festival. However, if loss or damage occurs, the Festival cannot accept or assume responsibility.
March 15, 2019April 15, 2019
April 15, 2019May 15, 2019
May 5, 2019May 31, 2019
- NOTIFICATION: June 17, 2019
Entry Categories/FeesFEATURE (equal to or longer than 40 minutes)
- EARLY (April 15): $30
- REGULAR (May 15): $40
- LATE (May 31): $50
- EARLY (April 15): $20
- REGULAR (May 15): $30
- LATE (May 31): $35
Payment via PayPal (preferred). Or send check (US Dollars), to: Legacy Film Festival on Aging: 237 Eureka St, San Francisco CA 94114